ACTIO has built a highly reputable international team of criminal defence lawyers in Ukraine. Our practice focuses on defence in white collar crime cases, preventive counselling and compliance, corporate internal investigations, and other areas of criminal investigations and litigation. We represent companies and their employees as well as private individuals.
We are experienced in representing clients through all aspects of criminal litigation and regulatory enforcement actions - from the pre-investigation stage and the onset of an investigation to a trial's conclusion. We also support clients in their internal investigations of abuse of authority and crimes committed within or against the company, including assets stripping by shareholders or management.
The Firm's team has handled white collar crime cases involving a wide range of subjects, including commercial, credit card, computer/internet, bank, insurance, securities, and bankruptcy fraud, as well as professional negligence, tax evasion, bribery, counterfeiting, economic espionage, embezzlement, extortion, forgery and money laundering. Our work normally includes cooperation with local and foreign authorities, leading international law firms and forensic advisers, valuators and other experts, security services providers, and other parties, to ensure the best possible results for our clients.
Our legal representation reaches far beyond the borders of Ukraine. We represent our clients in investigations and court proceedings in various foreign jurisdictions in Europe and other parts of the world.
Our services include:
- advising and representing clients at all stages of criminal investigations, including the issues of assessing the nature and scope of the investigation, data collection, risk management and assessment, counselling on interaction with local criminal prosecution bodies, providing and implementing effective defence strategies, representing in courts and advising on the enforcement stage;
- asset tracing and recovery;
- coordinating internal corporate investigations of alleged misconduct;
- counselling corporate clients on fraud prevention and emergency fraud response;
- advising on anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption legislation and implementation of the policies in these areas;
- advising and representing private clients in connection with criminal risks associated with their personal deposits or investments in the European Union.